Manage episode 232338322 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're talking about what to do if you're graduating (or have graduated) from law school, and you find yourself without a job, not wanting to practice law, and not sure how to figure out what to do next!
In this episode we discuss:
- Why it's a good idea to sit for the bar, even if you're not sure you want to be a lawyer (and which exam to take)
- The advantages (besides just paying the bills) of working side jobs while you are figuring out what to do next
- The importance of meeting people through networking and conferences
- How going on a short retreat can help you clear your mind, refocus, and come up with new ideas
- Ways to hold yourself accountable and stay organized, so you can avoid procrastination
- The danger of some pitfalls you might fall into while thinking about what you want to be doing in the future
- The Start-up of You, by Reid Hoffman and Ben Casnocha (http://www.thestartupofyou.com/)
- Calendly (https://calendly.com/)
- Trello (https://trello.com/en)
- Wisdom Conference (http://www.wisdom2summit.com/)
- Podcast Episode 177: Real Talk about Student Loan Debt (w/Financial Expert Travis Hornsby) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-177-real-talk-about-student-loan-debt-w-financial-expert-travis-hornsby/)
- Podcast Episode 184: Handling Law School Finances (w/Lyssa Thaden of Accessflex) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-184-handling-law-school-finances-w-lyssa-thaden-of-accesslex/)
- Podcast Episode 186: Book Club: Becoming, by Michelle Obama (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-186-book-club-becoming-by-michelle-obama/)
- How to Conduct Great Informational Interviews (https://thegirlsguidetolawschool.com/how-to-conduct-great-informational-interviews/)
- Leaving Litigation (and Leaving BigLaw) (https://thegirlsguidetolawschool.com/leaving-litigation-and-leaving-biglaw/)
- CareerDicta.com (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/careerdicta/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
210 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 36 mins duration .