Manage episode 232805598 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're talking about what to do (and what not to do) over the summer to prepare for your 1L year.
In this episode we discuss:
- Sharing your thoughts and setting expectations with family, friends, and significant others, as well as asking them for help if necessary
- Whether you should take a law school prep class or read outlines before classes start
- How to get in the right frame of mind for the law school experience
- Why a short trip before school starts can be great for clearing your head and re-energizing your body
- Tips for setting up your home and study space efficiently, plus ways to streamline chores so they take up less of your time when school starts
- Why you need a budget before school starts
- Last but not least, finding job opportunities to make some extra cash during the school year or breaks from school
- Start Law School Right course (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/start-law-school-right/)
- Podcast Episode 193: Books to Read Before Law School (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-193-books-to-read-before-law-school/)
- Mindset, by Carol Dweck (https://mindsetonline.com/)
- Amazon Subscribe & Save (https://www.amazon.com/Subscribe-Save/b?ie=UTF8&node=5856181011)
- You Need a Budget (https://www.youneedabudget.com/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee