Manage episode 233201002 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're talking about some creative, evidence-based ideas for remembering the material required for your law school exams.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why you should memorize important information even for open book exams
- How learning the law properly plays into memorization
- How to immerse yourself in law concepts in your everyday life
- The value of acrostics in making studying lighter and more fun
- Using visualization to make remembering the details easier
- How to trigger your memory of a particular topic using narrative storylining
- The memorization value of good old handwriting
- Higher Levels of Immersion Improve Procedure Memorization Performance (https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/eed2/afc90442484b1bd2ef6ff9c089bd27bcfe7a.pdf)
- Memory and Study Strategies for Optimal Learning (https://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED320347)
- Brain Basics, Part One: The Power of Visualization (https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/gifted-ed-guru/201211/brain-basics-part-one-the-power-visualization)
- The Link and Story Methods (https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTIM_01.htm)
- Writing and Remembering: Why We Remember What We Write (https://www.lifehack.org/articles/featured/writing-and-remembering-why-we-remember-what-we-write.html)
- SketchyLaw (https://www.sketchylaw.com/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
202 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 38 mins duration .