Manage episode 234066538 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're talking with Rachel Gezerseh about how to find a legal job you'll actually like, and how to break into BigLaw if that's what you're looking for.
In this episode we discuss:
- Rachel's own journey from theater to law
- The importance of exploring different opportunities through informational interviews and networking
- Practical skills you should be developing while in law school to prepare for the job market
- The best ways to break into BigLaw and get a job that would be a great fit for you
- How to shake off the imposter syndrome for good and feel confident in your abilities
- What does it take to be a happy BigLaw lawyer
- The Law Career Playbook: A Guerrilla Guide to Getting a Legal Job You Actually Like, by Rachel Gezerseh (https://www.amazon.com/Law-Career-Playbook-Guerrilla-Actually/dp/1732637202)
- Liang Ly LLP (http://www.lianglyllp.com/rachel-gezerseh)
- BreakIntoBigLaw.com (http://breakintobiglaw.com/)
- Podcast Episode 82: The Happy Lawyer Project (with Okeoma Moronu) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-82-happy-lawyer-project/)
- Podcast Episode 131: Thinking Ahead About the Future (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-131-thinking-ahead-about-the-future/)
- Podcast Episode 132: What's BigLaw Really Like (w/Sadie Jones)? (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-132-whats-biglaw-really-like-w-sadie-jones/)
- Podcast Episode 142: Owning Your Career (w/Whittney Beard) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-142-owning-your-career-w-whittney-beard/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
202 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 38 mins duration .