Manage episode 235264185 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're chatting with special guest Molly Bowen -- lawyer and author of the children’s book, Mommy Lawyer -- about the challenges involved in balancing parenthood and a career (and how to explain a demanding job to your kids).
In this episode we discuss:
- Molly's story of being in law school and taking the bar exam while pregnant, and her advice for women in the same situation
- The inspiration behind the book Mommy Lawyer and some of the important messages in it
- What you should consider when making plans involving a career and parenthood
- The challenges kids of lawyers (and working parents in general) face, and how you can explain your job to them so they understand
- What you can do to contribute to your kids' school even as a working parent
- How to strike a work/life balance that both you and your children are happy with
- Mommy Lawyer, by Molly Bowen (https://mollybowen.com/product/mommy-lawyer/)
- Lean In, by Sheryl Sandberg (https://leanin.org/book)
- Facebook Group Law Mamas (https://www.facebook.com/LawMamas/)
- MollyBowen.com (https://mollybowen.com/)
- Podcast Episode 182: Navigating Motherhood in the Legal Profession (w/ Jennifer Warren) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-182-navigating-motherhood-in-the-legal-profession-w-jennifer-warren/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
205 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 37 mins duration .