Manage episode 235739461 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, in our special 200th episode, we are focusing on the importance of developing "soft skills" that seem like they wouldn't matter that much (in law school and in life), but turn out to be really critical for success and happiness.
In this episode we discuss:
- What are some crucial soft skills that will help you get through law school successfully and achieve your goals later in life?
- Finding ways to deal with stress, anxiety, disappointments, and failure
- The importance of reaching out for help if you feel like you're stuck
- How to maintain your equilibrium when future clients share tough stories with you
- The neuroscience involved in training our brain
- Wisdom 2.0 Conference (https://www.wisdom2summit.com/)
- Mindsight, by Dan Siegel (https://www.drdansiegel.com/books/mindsight/)
- Leaving Litigation (and Leaving BigLaw) (https://thegirlsguidetolawschool.com/leaving-litigation-and-leaving-biglaw/)
- The People’s Therapist blog (https://thepeoplestherapist.com/)
- Brené Brown (https://brenebrown.com/)
- The Places the Scare You, by Pema Chodron (https://www.amazon.com/Places-that-Scare-You-Fearlessness/dp/1570629218)
- Warrior One (https://warriorone.com/team/judi-cohen/)
- Mindset, by Carol Dweck (https://mindsetonline.com/)
- Martha Beck (https://marthabeck.com/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
210 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 36 mins duration .