Manage episode 236285377 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we are chatting with Douglas Hand -- an attorney, author, and podcast host -- about his book The Laws of Style, working as a fashion lawyer, and "what to wear" tips for men in the legal profession.
In this episode we discuss:
- The four fundamental suits that should be the first purchased by a young lawyer
- Appropriate price points and brands for the first interview suit
- The idea of the "capsule wardrobe"
- What is good business casual attire, and what is just too casual?
- Tips for people who dislike shopping
- How to dress when working with clients from a different cultural background
- The importance of dressing according to rank and the firm's culture
- What it means to work in fashion law
- The Laws of Style: Sartorial Excellence for the Professional Gentleman, by Douglas Hand (https://www.amazon.com/Laws-Style-Sartorial-Excellence-Professional/dp/1634258967/ref=sr_1_1?qid=1556641885&refinements=p_27%3ADouglas+Hand&s=books&sr=1-1&text=Douglas+Hand)
- Douglas Hand at Hand Baldachin & Associates LLP (https://hballp.com/team/douglas-hand/)
- handofthelaw (Douglas Hand's Instagram account) (https://www.instagram.com/handofthelaw/?hl=en)
- The Laws of Style hosted by Douglas Hand (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL4dksGw2Iagf3F2jUPLorg)
- Suitsupply (https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/home)
- Frank And Oak (https://www.frankandoak.com/)
- Nick Graham (https://nickgraham.com/)
- threadUP (https://www.thredup.com/)
- Goodwill (https://www.shopgoodwill.com/)
- Stitch Fix for Men (https://www.stitchfix.com/men)
- GQ (https://beststuffbox.gq.com/)
- WWD - Women's Wear Daily (https://wwd.com/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
205 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 37 mins duration .