Manage episode 236758816 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today's episode is part of our Book Club series, and we're discussing some key takeaways from the book Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation, by Dan Siegel.
In this episode we discuss:
- How the book, Mindsight, can help you understand the brain science behind people's actions
- Why we think the book is relevant for law students and lawyers
- The idea of the river of integration, or successfully navigating between logic and emotion
- Proof that it's never too late for neuroplasticity
- Using the wheel of awareness to direct your thoughts, feelings, and perceptions
- Mindsight, by Dan Siegel (https://m.drdansiegel.com/books/mindsight/)
- The Whole-Brain Child, by Dan Siegel (https://m.drdansiegel.com/books/the_whole_brain_child/)
- No-Drama Discipline, by Dan Siegel (https://m.drdansiegel.com/books/no_drama_discipline/)
- Wisdom 2.0 Conference (http://www.wisdom2summit.com)
- Will Meyerhofer (http://www.aquietroom.com/)
- Brené Brown – The Call to Courage (Netflix Original) (https://www.netflix.com/es-en/title/81010166)
- Wheel of Awareness (https://m.drdansiegel.com/resources/wheel_of_awareness)
- Life Will Be the Death of Me, by Chelsea Handler (https://www.amazon.com/Life-Will-Be-Death-Me/dp/0525511776)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee