Manage episode 242714311 series 2468394
Authenticity in communication is very important for leaders who represent a brand or a team.
As much as you want to write a script and as much as you rehearse, at some point you have to be able to put the script down and speak authentically.
On this episode, I got to talk about this month’s theme of authenticity with Blake Woolsey, President of Blake Communications, Inc..
What we talked about:
- Giving a speech vs. telling a story
- Understanding 1) who you are, 2) other people, and 3) how others perceive you
- Asking for and receiving feedback and assessment
- Delivering bad news and dealing with a PR disaster
Checkout these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- Leadercast Women XNA
- All. the. Assessments. — Harrison, Birkman, Myers-Brigg, Hogan, DiSC, StrengthsFinder, Enneagram