Manage episode 168445673 series 1276080
Welcome to the new age of ancient wisdom. We in the west are currently smack dab in the middle of a collective spiritual awakening. Or as our esteemed guest, Guru Jagat affectionately calls it in this episode- the new new age. Whatever you call it, it’s clear that there is a hopeful surge of interest in the area of personal development via spiritual practices. People young and old find themselves looking to the spiritual teachers and traditions of the past to help make sense of the present, and to light a path to a future that carries meaning, and hope. Yoga seems to be everywhere. And it's not just in the crunchy, granola capitals like LA and San Francisco anymore. It’s hit middle America like a waft of curry carried by the winds of change. You might even catch a juiced-up meathead in a yoga class at the gym these days for reasons other than the fact that that’s where you’ll likely find the highest concentration of Lulu Lemon-clad booties doing downward dogs. They are there for the same reason Wall Street brokers use meditation to manage stress: They know there is more to life than the tangible, material plane of reality. And they want to experience it. Young hipsters show off their mindfulness practice poses on Instagram. Native American dream catchers and healing crystals adorn the dashboards of today's’ latest breed of Prius driving spirit seekers. A new language has even emerged on the scene. Terminology like ‘Holding space,' ‘Namaste’ and ‘Balancing your chakras’ have become language you overhear while standing in line at the bank. But what does all this mean, and how can we discern the true from the false? The passing fads from the timeless, universal truths? Can we still live a ‘normal’ life while pursuing a deeper, metaphysical state of being?
In this two-part episode with Kundalini Yoga teacher and thought-leader Guru Jagat, we take a very practical, if not irreverent view of the current state of affairs of modern spirituality as seen through the lens of ancient yogic tradition and practice. In it, you will not only learn about the lineage of yoga she practices and teaches, but also how she has managed to create a small empire based on these principles, and how she continues to inspire the current, and incoming generation to find the sometimes hidden, deeper meaning in life.
Be the change you want to see in the world by sharing this show with someone who shares your curiosity of the unknown.
- Invincible Living, Guru Jagat's brand new book: her love song to the lineage of teachers
- Being your own creator
- Keith Richards: the magnetic phenomenon of happiness
- 3-minute addiction meditation: life changing prescription medicine to anything that’s troubling you
- Who is Yogi Bhajan
- Information age: organizing & sorting, and the key tools for accessing & optimizing brain capacity
- Tracing Guru Jagat's kundalini practice
- Spiritual teachers: discerning the real from the false
- Spirituality and the new generation: it's all about transparency, no BS
- The Rama Institute empire: how it all manifested in just 3 years
- Entrepreneurship, monetizing and being a maverick: resourcefulness and spiritual practice are key
THIS CONCLUDES PART ONE OF THE INTERVIEW. MAKE SURE TO TUNE IN DECEMBER 27 FOR PART TWO (AND FINAL) EPISODE. IT GETS BETTER!
- Neil Strauss
- 3-minute addiction meditation
- Yogi Bhajan
- Limitless - The movie
- Wim Hof
- Shiva Rose
- Tej Khalsa
- Rama Yoga Institute
- John Wineland
- Episode's song: Aap Sahaee Hoa by White Sun
This show is brought to you by:
FOUNTAINOFTRUTHSPRINGWATER.COM. FRESH RAW SPRING WATER COLLECTED DIRECTLY AT THE SPRING HEAD, BOTTLED INTO GLASS, AND PROMPTLY TRANSPORTED IN CHILLED CONTAINERS, DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR. Use coupon code "LIFESTYLIST" and get 27% off your 1st order. https://fountainoftruthspringwater.com/?afmc=21
HELP SUPPORT THIS SHOW!
Starting and growing a podcast requires a ton of time, energy, and money. Do you appreciate this information, and want to support my mission to deliver as much life enhancing information as possible to as many people as possible? The easiest, and most effective way you can help is to do this:
1. Go to Lukestorey.com/support and donate towards show production costs 2. Subscribe to the show by clicking “subscribe” in iTunes 3. Write us a review in iTunes 4. Share this show with 1 friend right now
You’d be amazed how much these four simple steps do to help us grow!
Here’s the magic link for reviews: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-life-stylist-podcast/id1121467751?mt=2
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for listening, and joining me on this journey we call life.
120 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 82 mins duration .