Manage episode 246305355 series 1276080
An old proverb says, “The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to counsel.”
Really, this is why I started this podcast in the first place. My goal for the past few years has been reversing all the damage that Young Luke did to this meat suit and healing the scars left in my subconscious that continue to undermine my life and success — and only a fool would try to do that alone.
That’s also why I created The Life Stylist Podcast Facebook Group. Not because I consider myself wise counsel, but because this group is stacked with some extremely experienced biohackers, forward thinkers, and spiritual seekers that can help answer just about any question you or I might have.
But I have learned a few things from the experts I talk to on this show and I’m still researching new biohacks, methodologies, and spiritual practices almost every single day, and I love sharing what I’m experimenting with and what’s working for me. So, today I’m going to answer a few more questions from the group.
Kate is struggling with the transition from corporate life to the entrepreneur life and she’s trying to get more clarity by doing some inner work, Hannah wants to know more about my favorite supplements, and Ryan is curious about some of the things I do routinely to optimize my health, outside of my daily routine.
I have so much fun doing these episodes and I can’t thank you all enough for making this such a badass, inquisitive tribe. If you have any questions that you want to ask the group or you want to be answered on a future episode, come join us!
Topics Discussed In This Episode:
- The transformative potential of a 10-day zen meditation retreat
- My experience on a 21-day silent retreat (that I cheated on a little bit)
- Why Byron Katie’s The Work is one of the first things I’d recommend to anyone looking inward
- One of the most transformative, psychedelic experiences you can have, without taking any psychedelics
- The experience of Kundalini & why you shouldn’t be scared away by all the white clothes
- Your options for plant medicine retreats & ongoing medical research on the benefits of psychedelics
- My favorite question from A Course in Miracles
- The root of spiritual advancement
- There’s more to 12-step programs than you might be aware of
- The wisdom of David R. Hawkins, one of my favorite spiritual thought leaders
- A new biohack I’ve discovered recently — Dynamic Neural Retraining System (DNRS) by Annie Hopper — and how it’s helped transform my dad’s life
- What you can learn from Vedic and Transcendental meditation practices
- The ONE supplement I’d take for the rest of my life (if I had to choose)
- Naturally creating your own Vitamin D
- Why I’ll probably be in therapy for the rest of my life (and why that’s a good thing)
More about this episode.
Connect with Luke on social media to learn how to take your lifestyle to the next level, plus catch exclusive live interviews & events:
INSTAGRAM - @lukestorey // https://www.instagram.com/lukestorey/
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/MrLukeStorey/
TWITTER - @MrLukeStorey // https://twitter.com/MRLUKESTOREY
YOUTUBE - https://www.youtube.com/c/LukeStorey
THIS SHOW IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
JUST THRIVE. Imagine this: a probiotic that actually does what it is supposed to do! I’ve tried so many different supplements, and when you find the right one — the one that really works — it’s like winning the lottery. So I was psyched when I tried Just Thrive Probiotic, the first and only spore-based probiotics and antioxidants. Their products have been the subject of groundbreaking clinical studies and demonstrated incomparable effects on the gut, even healing leaky gut. It’s super simple and it just works. You can use code ‘luke15’ for 15% off at www.thriveprobiotic.com/luke.
RA OPTICS. These Blue Blocking glasses are the premium level protection for sleep and health. They block the entire harmful blue spectrum and even most green up to 550nm to preserve your most powerful agent of health: melatonin. Ra Optics uses the highest quality lens technology in the most attractive frames on the market. This means you can wear them out in public at night and feel confident in both your style and the knowledge that you're preserving the one thing that determines health above all others: quality sleep. You can save 10% on your pair of blue blocking glasses using the code “lifestylist” at raoptics.com.
CANDOR. Having these long and deep conversations requires an intense amount of focus, and sometimes I try to use coffee to help me stay alert. But sometimes I get a little too hyped — and, honestly, it’s because I’m straight up ODing on caffeine (you can learn more about your relationship with caffeine, you can check out Candor’s Caffeine Type Quiz). So I was stoked to find Candor, who make this delicious Coconut Matcha Nootropic Latte. It still has a little bit of caffeine, but combined with ingredients like green tea l-theanine, which is clinically proven to boost attention and mood when paired with caffeine. You can use code ‘LIFESTYLIST’ to get 10% off your new favorite coffee at ChooseCandor.com.HELP SUPPORT THIS SHOW!
Love the Show? Youʻll really love Lukeʻs Master Market Online Store!
It’s a win/win! Get direct links to all of Luke’s hand-picked biohacking and health products all in one place, get exclusive discounts, and support the show by making purchases through the web store >> SHOP NOW.
Other ways to support:
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW >> Simple step-by-step instructions
SHARE >> Spread the word! Tell your family, friends, neighbors, and all your social pals