The Live It Forward Show with Kent Julian | Success | High Performance | Personal Development | E+R=O | Professional Speaker | Online Business
121. The Fastest Way to Trash Your Optimism
Manage episode 212953558 series 1754370
We are in the middle of our Summer Shorts series where we are taking quick looks at some of the most common questions people ask about moving from DREAM to DO in their life, business, and calling.
So far we’ve covered:
- Episode 115 — How to Find Your Passion
- Episode 116 — The Best Idea on the Power of Focus
- Episode 117 — How to Shorten Your Runway to Success
- Episode 118 — How to Get and Stay Motivated
- Episode 119 — How to Find a Mentor
- Episode 120 — The Fastest Way to Trash Your Confidence
In this episode, we focus on how to be optimistic. But instead of listing out positive thinking tips, we’re going after the #1 villain that’s out to destroy your optimism. This scoundrel doesn’t try to disguise himself at all. We know exactly who he is and what he wants to offer us. But for some reason, even though we know what he has to offer is harmful, we still become addicted to it.
Purpose of this Episode
You can be more optimistic by guarding your ears, eyes, heart, and mind from negativity.
3 Positive Thinking Tips
- Lock the door on negativity.
- Talk back to negativity.
- Open more doors to positivity.
Call to Action
This week, (1) lock the door on one source of negativity, (2) talk back to another source of negativity, and (3) open the door to a new source of positivity.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Subscribe on iTunes
- The Paid to Speak Conference at the John C. Maxwell Leadership Center (August 23-25, 2018) — https://paidtospeakconference.com
- 9 Ways to Get Paid to Speak (FREE PDF Resource) — https://liveitforward.com/9ways