1481: Dr. Mark Pettus Lays The Groundwork For Low-Carb, High-Fat Becoming A Population Health Strategy
Manage episode 228675701 series 2279160
Physician and podcaster Dr. Mark Pettus is our special interview guest on Episode 1481 of The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.
Dr. Mark Pettus is a triple-board certified Internist, Nephrologist, and Integrative Medicine physician practicing for over 25 years. He has appeared on numerous TV and Radio venues nationally including the 700 Club, Good Morning America, NPR and PBS. His podcast, The Health Edge is heard by people all over the world.Listen in today as Jimmy and Dr. Pettus talk about:
- What population health is
- The powerful connection between lifestyle and all health outcomes, especially obesity and insulin resistance
- The contributions of “the social determinants” of health that drive behaviors
- His integrative health model
- What he calls New Atkins on steroids
- Stress, sleep hygiene, and social connection
- Health themes that challenges conventional wisdom
- His podcast with podcast with John bagnulo PhD, MPH called The Health Edge
- and much more.
605 episodes available. A new episode about every 2 days averaging 44 mins duration .