Manage episode 232981806 series 2279160
Joanna Wilcox, mother of two and Canadian Keto Advocate, is our special guest today on Episode 1500 of The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show.
Joanna Wilcox from IAmKetoInCanada.com is a passionate follower of the ketogenic diet, and a mother of two from Southwestern Ontario, Canada. While working full time she always found it difficult to make herself a priority after having children. Her priorities shifted from her own health to the well-being of her family. She had forgotten that her health directly affected everyone around her. After seeking help for emotional eating she discovered the keto diet. She now documents her success story at her Instagram account and her website, and offers inspiration to others that are in the same place as she found herself.
Listen in today as Jimmy and Joanna talk about:
- Her journey from unfit to the keto lifestyle
- Vulnerability online
- The coach that gave her advice that she wasn't expecting
- Being authentic with others
- Finding inspiration in others and being an inspiration
- Why attitude is the most important part
- The struggle with mentally overthinking things
- Dealing with struggles
- Being a wife and mom while working on yourself
- and much more
"What I decided when I started my Instagram was that I was going to be 100% myself. What I learned is that when I am my most vulnerable I am not alone." — Joanna Wilcox, @KetoInCanada
597 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 44 mins duration .