The Love, Food Podcast: Peace from emotional eating, binge eating, eating disorders, and negative body image through intuitive eating and health at every size approaches
Ep 031: Help me manage PCOS + stop bingeing.
Manage episode 158653340 series 115840
Have you been told to cut out sugar or carbs to treat PCOS or pre diabetes and it is just leaving you bingeing and hopeless?
Listen now for ideas to bring to your next doctor's appointment.
- Have PCOS and looking for more tools to work toward Food Peace? If you live near Greensboro NC you are in luck! Give us a call for details 336.273.2808 x 0.
- Every diet leads to a binge and weight gain.
- Dieting is the greatest predictor of weight gain and eating disorders.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) affects 1 in 10 women and has genetic connections. Stop blaming yourself!
- PCOS affects ovulation, mood, hair, male pattern baldness, and central adiposity. This affects body image for many women.
- High circulating insulin = growth hormone
- Hard core restricting may help decrease weight in the beginning yet over time harms health, increases weight, promotes bingeing.
- Increased cravings, more symptoms, weight gain = time to look into how PCOS managed rather than blame the person.
- Doctors: How do you treat patients with PCOS in smaller bodies? What are their recommendations??
- Which foods energize you? Which foods drain you??
- Do you feel like you are carrying around a bag of rocks when you go to exercise?
- How are you sleeping??
- Let's keep talking about PCOS!
- Link to subscribe to the weekly FREE Food Peace Newsletter. It is sent out every Tuesday morning and no spam EVER.
- Dieting predicts weight gain and eating disorders.
- Evelyn Tribole's helpful video on the research behind dieting.
- PCOS is not a pamphlet disease.
- Women with PCOS: Don't touch diets with a 10 foot pole
- Dieting and PCOS can promote eating disorders
- Stop the Yo-Yo! Diets behind weight cycling negatively impacts PCOS
- How to eat with PCOS without dieting
- Monika Woolsey RD and her InCyst Network
- Eating Disorder Dietitians
- Julie Dillon RD blog
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.Click here to leave me a review in iTunes and subscribe. This type of kindness helps the show continue! Thank you for listening to the Love, Food series. Give me feedback via Twitter @EatingPermitRD.
105 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 25 mins duration .