The Low Carb Leader | Optimal Health and Performance | Low Carb and Ketogenic Nutrition | Weight Loss, Fitness and Exercise
063 - Keto for Women (and Men) with Shawn Mynar
Manage episode 190001404 series 1423773
Today’s guest is Shawn Mynar, a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP™), Restorative Wellness Practitioner, Certified Personal Trainer, Real Food Foodie, and Passionate Health Seeker!
She grew up with the standard American diet until finding out she had an autoimmune disease, ulcerative colitis (UC) in 2008. Through experimenting and changing her nutritional approach, she healed herself through a ketogenic approach. She is now thoroughly versed in issues related to autoimmune disease and numerous other disorders.
She hosts the Keto for Women podcast which consistently ranks as a top podcast in Fitness and Nutrition on I-tunes.
- Don’t fear GOOD FATS. You need to increase your fat significantly to ensure you become ketogenic.
- You need to moderate protein to stay ketogenic. Too high protein is a very common mistake.
- Toxins are stored in fat so you need to choose high quality cuts of meat.
- You can’t go ketogenic with subpar foods – you can but you shouldn’t. This is Keto for Health.
- Use blood ketones to fine tune ketosis. Test for information. When you feel great, test to find out optimal ketone levels. Get the specific number.
- Be in ketosis for 3-5 weeks before you intermittent fast.
Check out the video version @
YouTube - https://youtu.be/nrYtxNCxQsE
95 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 35 mins duration .