This series is archived ("Inactive feed" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
When? This feed was archived on October 31, 2018 03:06 (). Last successful fetch was on September 20, 2018 01:26 ()
Why? Inactive feed status. Our servers were unable to retrieve a valid podcast feed for a sustained period.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 198046519 series 2041102
- A proposed clinical staging system for obesity: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19188927
- Influence of Physical Activity and Nutrition on Obesity-Related Immune Function: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3842061/
- WHO – Obesity stats: http://www.who.int/gho/ncd/risk_factors/obesity_text/en/
- Facts and figures on childhood obesity: http://www.who.int/end-childhood-obesity/facts/en/
- Global prevalence and trends of overweight and obesity among preschool children: http://www.who.int/nutgrowthdb/publications/overweight_obesity/en/
- Global, regional, and national prevalence of overweight and obesity in children and adults during 1980–2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673614604608
- United States obesity survey: NHANES 2015/16. Analysis conducted by the World Obesity Federation, Caroline Litts, Fiona Montague & R Jackson-Leach 2017
- Mexico obesity survey: ENSANUT 2012 http://ensanut.insp.mx/informes/ENSANUT2012ResultadosNacionales.pdf
- New Zealand Health Survey 2015-2016. Available at: http://www.health.govt.nz/publication/annual-update-key-results-2015-16-new-zealand-health-survey
- Australian National Health Survey, 2014-15 First Results. Australian Bureau of Statistics. http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Latestproducts/4364.0.55.001Appendix22014-15?opendocument&tabname=Notes&prodno=4364.0.55.001&issue=2014-15&num=&view=
- Chile obesity survey: http://www.encuestasalud.cl/ens/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/InformeENS_2009-2010_CAP1.pdf
- Hungary obesity survey: Rurik I, Torzsa P, Szidor J, et al. A public health threat in Hungary: obesity, 2013. BMC Public Health. 2014;14:798. doi:10.1186/1471-2458-14-798
- Canada obesity survey: Shields M, Tremblay MS, Laviolette M, Craig C, Janssen I and Connor Gorber S. Fitness of Canadian adults: Results from the 2007-2009 Canadian Health Measures Survey. Statistics Canada, Catalogue no. 82-003-XPE • Health Reports, Vol. 21, no. 1, March 2010
- France obesity survey: http://invs.santepubliquefrance.fr/beh/2017/13/pdf/2017_13_1.pdf
- Obesity and socioeconomic status in developing countries: a systematic review: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3798095/
- Obesity and Socioeconomic Status in Children and Adolescents: United States, 2005-2008. NCHS Data Brief. Number 51: https://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED530165
- NHANES South Africa http://www.hsrc.ac.za/en/research-outputs/view/6493
- Obesity survey Algeria: Atek M, Traissac P, El Ati J, et al. Obesity and association with area of residence, gender and socio-economic factors in Algerian and Tunisian adults. PLoS One. 2013 Oct 8;8(10):e75640. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0075640. eCollection 2013
- Mauritania STEPS Survey 2006
- Morocco survey: Rhazi K El, Nejjari C, Zidouh A et al. Prevalence of obesity and associated sociodemographic and lifestyle factors in Morocco. Public Health Nutrition 2010:14(1)160-167
- Tunisia survey: El Ati J, Traissac P, Delpeuch F, Aounallah-Skhiri H, Béji C, et al. (2012) Gender Obesity Inequities Are Huge but Differ Greatly According to Environment and Socio-Economics in a North African Setting: A National Cross-Sectional Study in Tunisia. PLoS ONE 7(10): e48153. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0048153
- DHS Egypt 2015. Ministry of Health and Population/Egypt, El-Zanaty and Associates/Egypt, and ICF International. 2015. Egypt Health Issues Survey 2015. Cairo, Egypt: Ministry of Health and Population/Egypt and ICF International. – See more at: http://dhsprogram.com/publications/publication-FR313-DHS-Final-Reports.cfm#sthash.StgV9s6X.dpuf
- Demographic Health Survey Azerbaijan 2006
- Global gender disparities in obesity: a review: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22797984
- WHO STEPS Qatar 2012 Fact Sheet
- Kuwait STEPS Survey 2014
- USA Obesity survey: NHANES 2015/16. Analysis conducted by the World Obesity Federation, Caroline Litts, Fiona Montague & R Jackson-Leach 2017
- Health Survey for England 2015. Available at: http://content.digital.nhs.uk/searchcatalogue?productid=23711&returnid=1685
- Korea: Obesity survey: Kim YJ, Lee JS, Park J, et al. ‘Trends in socioeconomic inequalities in five major risk factors for cardiovascular disease in the Korean population: a cross-sectional study using data from the Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2001–2014’ BMJ Open 2017;7:e014070. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2016-014070
- Italy stats: The Cardiovascular Epidemiological Observatory (OEC) Survey. http://www.cuore.iss.it/fattori/progetto.asp
- Spain survey: Aranceta-Bartrina, J. et al. (2016) ‘Prevalence of General Obesity and Abdominal Obesity in the Spanish Adult Population (Aged 25-64 Years) 2014-2015: The ENPE Study’, Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed), 69(6), pp. 579-87. doi: 10.1016/j.rec.2016.02.009. Epub 2016 Apr 26
- Hungary survey: Rurik I, Torzsa P, Szidor J, et al. A public health threat in Hungary: obesity, 2013. BMC Public Health. 2014;14:798. doi:10.1186/1471-2458-14-798.
- Romania survey: Popa S, Mota M, Popa A et al . Prevalence of overweight/obesity, abdominal obesity and metabolic syndrome and atypical cardiometabolic phenotypes in the adult Romanian population: PREDATORR study. J Endocrinol Invest DOI 10.1007/s40618-016-0470-4
- Cook Islands STEP Survey 2004
- Nauru survey: Keke K, Phongsavan P, Dan L, Bacigalupo M, Thoma R, Riley L, Waidubu G, Galea G, Pryor J, Raj S and Chey T. (2007). Nauru NCD risk factors STEPS report. WHO Infobase.
- Japan survey: OECD (2015), Overweight or obese population (indicator). doi: 10.1787/86583552-en
- Indonesia survey: Riskesdas 2013. Reanalysis: Atmarita, National Institute of Health Research and Development/NIHRD, MOH of Indonesia.
- India survey: Tripathy JP, Thakur JS, Jeet G, Chawla S, Jain S, Prasad R. Urban rural differences in diet, physical activity and obesity in India: are we witnessing the great Indian equalisation? Results from a cross-sectional STEPS survey. BMC Public Health. 2016;16:816. doi:10.1186/s12889-016-3489-8.
- Demographic Health Survey, Ethiopia 2016
26 episodes available. A new episode about every 12 days averaging 52 mins duration .