Manage episode 302697059 series 2976028
In this episode series, history buff and mob aficionado Jacob Stoops provides a high-level 101-style overview of the origins of the American mob dating back to its beginnings. The goal of this episode series is to set the table with some foundational information so that future viewers or anyone who needs a quick download to catch up on the basics can simply refer back to this episode series.
Topics discussed in Part 2 include:
- What was the Castellammarese War? How did it lead to the formation of the modern American Mafia?
- Are there mob families outside of New York City?
- Why are there 5 families in New York City?
- What type of organizational structure was set in place when the families formed in 1931?
- What are the various ranks within an American mob family?
- What are the basic rules, codes of conduct & general requirements for all members of the mob?
If you'd like to watch on YouTube:
If you'd like to visit our website to read more: https://membersonlypodcast.com/basics-of-the-mob-a-beginners-guide-part-2/