Manage episode 300708788 series 2449825
osh is a true entrepreneur and prides himself on never having had a boss in his entire adult life. A native of Northeast Ohio, Josh graduated from Baldwin Wallace College in 1998. After graduation, he obtained his Series 6, 63, 66, life and health insurance licenses. He also worked as a Financial Advisor from 1997-2004.
Josh has vast knowledge and experience in helping to coach clients and mentor students and borrowers from across the US in finding, structuring, negotiating, and closing various types of transactions for a profit. Josh is also the host of the Accelerated Investor Podcast, which has hosted past guests like Kevin O’Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Donald Trump Jr, Jack Canfield, Rod Khleif, and JV Crum III. He is the founder of a variety of successful businesses including Freeland Ventures, Strategic Real Estate Coach, Accelerated Investor Office, and more.
In 2004, Josh took his knowledge of raising capital and the financial markets and started investing in real estate full-time. He was able to combine his knowledge of financial investing with real estate to create a very successful business, which quickly grew into closing over 100+ wholesale and short sale deals per year. In turn, he began training and teaching apprentice partners and students. He founded Strategic Real Estate Coach in 2007, and since then has been involved in 1,000+ wholesale, rehab, rental, foreclosure, and apartment transactions, and has taught thousands of investors how to replicate his success.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Josh learned the importance of residual income, and why it’s more important than chasing the next check after his cancer diagnosis
- Why Josh targets sellers at the end of their depreciation schedule that have owned their property for around 25 years
- How Josh finds properties that have not been updated in 5 to 10 years and purchases them at a good deal
- Why the most important step in becoming a real estate investor is securing private funding
- How finding funding is the key to freedom in business, because a deal cannot close without money
- Why Josh recommends that everyone be more daring and take more risks like his surgeon from the Cleveland Clinic
- How Josh is able to own 4000 investment apartment units by securing private money
- Why Josh believes that it’s important to play the long game as a real estate investor
- Learn more about working with Josh: https://thementorpodcast.com/josh
- Get Ron’s $599 Wholesaling course for FREE when you join his Gold Club for ONLY $59 a month!