Manage episode 216239176 series 60566
A huge factor in your ability to achieve your goals lies in your capacity to focus and concentrate. Especially in our culture of persistent push notifications and constantly-updated newsfeeds, it’s important that we learn how to set limits with our technology.
But our devices and apps are only part of the equation. Whether it’s the people around you or the different tasks on your to-do list, you have to choose where (and when) to apply your focus. Once you master how to most efficiently manage your time, nothing can stop you from reaching success.
On today’s show, you’re going to learn 12 practical tips you can implement in order to reduce distractions and skyrocket your productivity. This episode is loaded with very specific tactics I’ve found to be effective in optimizing focus, plus the science to back them up!In this episode you’ll discover:
- The two types of distractions that contribute to the interference of focus.
- How you can change your phone settings in order to reduce distractions.
- The shocking number of timesper day the average person checks his or her phone.
- How our brains are designed to become addicted to the internet and social media.
- Two ideas for physically removing your phone from your environment.
- The shocking link between house cleanliness and health.
- Why rearranging the apps on your phone can cut down your distraction time.
- How meditation can literally alter the structure of your brain.
- Tools and tips you can use to help block distracting sights (and people!)
- Why the idea of multitasking is a myth.
- What science says about multitasking (including a shocking comparison).
- The link between exercise and increased concentration.
- The effects of sleep deprivation on your focus.
- How to prioritize your tasks while still honoring your own natural productivity rhythm.
- The importance of practicingself-care before you reach for your phone in the morning.
- How music can help you concentrate (and which genres are most helpful!)
- Organifi.com/Model ? Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- Onnit.com/Model? Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Happiness Vs. Pleasure with Dr. Robert Lustig – Episode 240
- Recharge Your Health, Motivation, and Happiness with Chalene Johnson – Episode 287
- The 5 Biggest Myths About Meditation with Light Watkins – Episode 267
- Emotional Intelligence with Dr. Daniel Goleman – Episode 237
- Daily Self-Care and 8 Signs That You Need to Move On – Episode 278
- Morning Routines That Supercharge Your Productivity – Episode 231
- Evening Routines That Supercharge Your Brain – Episode 216
- SelfControl App for Mac
- Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson
- Model Mondays
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
360 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 69 mins duration .