TMHS 314: The Surprising Benefits Of Helping Others & The Truth About Thirst - With Guest Scott Harrison
Manage episode 219112549 series 60566
I love teaching people about the profound impacts of exercise and how to use food as medicine. But when it really comes down to it, we are privileged to even have the opportunity to think about our health on a holistic level. Secondary only to oxygen, water is the most vital nutrient. Having the ability to drink clean water is at the very foundation of our well-being and longevity.
The sad truth is, almost 1 in 10 people worldwide live without clean water. Without clean water, diseases thrive, education is negatively impacted, and economies suffer. This is something many of us take for granted.
Today’s guest, Scott Harrison, has made it his personal mission to bring clean water to developing countries through his nonprofit organization, Charity: Water. However, he wasn’t always so philanthropic. After spending a decade indulging in the nightclub scene and thinking only of himself, Scott decided to implement an incredible lifestyle shift. His story of transformation and redemption is an incredible testament to the power of service.In this episode you’ll discover:
- The powerful science behind the brain and giving.
- Why Scott’s old lifestyle was an insatiable pursuit.
- One key question Scott asked to transform his life.
- The volunteer experience that inspired Scott to create Charity: Water.
- How Scott used his nightclub network to raise money and awareness.
- The appalling number of children that die every day from drinking dirty water.
- Why charities get a bad rap (and how Scott spoke to those objections!)
- How Charity: Water uses technology to be more transparent.
- Why guilt and shame are ineffective marketing techniques.
- The issue that Scott has with the phrase “giving back.”
- How Charity: Water works with local partners in the communities they serve.
- The staggering statistics on diseases caused by dirty water consumption.
- One of the top reasons why girls in developing countries drop out of school.
- The devastating suicide story that inspired Scott to work harder.
- How one nine year old girl helped over 100,000 people get clean water.
- Onnit.com/Model? Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Thrivemarket.com/modelhealth? 25% off your entire 1st order + free shipping!
- Thirst by Scott Harrison
- Hydration and Water Masterclass – Episode 73
- Connect with Scott Website/ Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
360 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 69 mins duration .