TMHS 318: Thinking faster and better (and how to recover from the mistakes you make) - With Guest Jim Kwik
Manage episode 220637886 series 60566
How we think influences every aspect of our lives, from personal development and creating habits to how we show up in our relationships. If we can simply implement small shifts in our perspective, then we can transform our lives in immense ways.
If there’s anyone on the planet that knows about using thought to boost productivity, it’s world-renowned learning expert, Jim Kwik. On today’s show, we’re discussing the importance of building memory fitness, and the power of identity. You’ll learn mind-blowing hacks to broaden your perspective, optimize your thinking, and boost your productivity.
As always, Jim is bringing you practical and effective tips that you can use to elevate the way you think. You’re about to uncover powerful tools that truly hold the potential to change the way you think and behave.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The surprising effects of decision fatigue.
- What it means to live in a knowledge economy.
- The importance of having internal resourcefulness.
- How books and podcasts can help you broaden your perspective.
- The two most powerful wordsin the English language.
- How to strengthen your decision making muscles.
- What the six thinking hats are, and how they can help you maximize your thinking.
- How a shift in identity can spark transformation.
- The powerful implications of thinking of your problems as puzzles.
- How to find a balance between logic and emotional thinking.
- Why knowledge is not power.
- The three areas in which technology cannot replace humans.
- How to recover from making mistakes.
- Why the fear of judgment can halt your progress.
- The correlation betweenfailure and success.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Ettitude.com/Model? Use the coupon code MODEL for 10% off your organic sheets!
- Organifi.com/Model ? Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- How to Improve Your Memory & Read Faster with Jim Kwik – Episode 56
- How to Learn Faster & Increase Your Focus with Jim Kwik – Episode 197
- Brain Hacks for Faster Learning with Jim Kwik – Episode 232
- Work Smart – Not Hard – Kwik Brain
- Six Thinking Hats
- Imagine It Forward by Beth Comstock
- Imagination for Courage, Creativity, and Change with Beth Comstock – Kwik Brain
- Connect with Jim Website/ Podcast/ Twitter/ Instagram
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
361 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 70 mins duration .