Manage episode 222651608 series 60566
No matter what your personal health and fitness goal is, food is an integral part of the equation. Food can fuel you, assist in your body’s healing processes, or help you change your overall body composition.
If there’s one person who works tirelessly to make healthy food accessible, it would be Kevin Curry. He’s built an incredible online community where he inspires men and women to eat healthy and learn about cooking, without sacrificing flavor or the joy of eating.
On today’s show, Kevin is sharing his wealth of knowledge about how to make cooking healthy food realistic and attainable, regardless of your budget or time constraints. We’ll discuss a few of Kevin’s key kitchen commandments, and how you can incorporate satisfying meals into your routine.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How a Facebook photo inspired Kevin to learn more about nutrition.
- The story behind how FitMenCook got started.
- What it means to increase your kitchen IQ.
- Why learning about flavors is an essential part of cooking.
- What an aspirational buyis, and how to avoid it.
- The importance of having variety in your diet.
- How to set measurable health and fitness goals.
- Why trying to entirely overhaul your diet can backfire.
- The value in taking breaks from meal planning.
- How to recreate your favorite restaurant meals at home.
- The danger behind the idea of eating solely for fuel.
- Why you should consider multitasking in the kitchen.
- How to incorporate different cuisines into your routine.
- Why you should treat your meal prep like a HIIT workout.
- The real-life experience that inspired Kevin to create budget-friendly meals.
- Why food is a universal language (and why Kevin translates his recipes to Spanish!)
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model ? Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Thrivemarket.com/modelhealth? 25% off your entire 1storder + free shipping!
- FitMenCook App
- Fit Men Cook: 100+ Meal Prep Recipes by Kevin Curry
- The Top 10 Ways to Fortify Your Immune System – Episode 321
- The Keto Reset Diet with Mark Sisson – Episode 257
- Connect with Kevin Instagram/ Facebook/ YouTube/ Twitter
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
361 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 70 mins duration .