TMHS 333: Dangerous Chemicals Hidden In Our Food Supply & The Food Industry's Playbook - With Guest Vani Hari
Manage episode 226581602 series 60566
It’s no secret, there’s a lot of confusion out there about what to eat. One day a popular article states the numerous health benefits of coconut oil, and the next day it’s labeled as poison. And while it’s true that sometimes the science changes, that’s rarely what’s going on here. It’s important that we understand where these studies come from, who is funding them, and why they’re being promoted.
Vani Hari, also known as the Food Babe, has advocated for not only herself, but all of us by challenging food companies and organizations and holding them accountable for their actions. Today, she is here to share information from her new book, Feeding You Lies.Vani is discussing the details behind how nutrition research is manipulated, and how the food industry generates fake information.
I hope this episode inspires you to become your own advocate for your health, and to understand where your food comes from. More importantly, I hope Vani’s story reminds you to never underestimate your power to cultivate change in the world. So click play, and enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The difference between fast food in the US and overseas.
- How the food industry is similar to the tobacco industry.
- Which two manufacturersuse the most sugar in their products.
- How diet soda triggers cravings and contributes to weight gain.
- What cellulose is, and how it is used in popular grocery items.
- The meaning and purpose of trade groups.
- How food industries incite smear campaigns.
- The importance of understanding where informationcomes from (and who funds it!)
- What astroturfing is.
- The reality behind a trans-fat free label.
- Why the gluten-free label can be misleading.
- The truth about GMOs and non-GMO labeling.
- Three importantquestions you should ask yourself before you eat.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Themodelhealthshow.com/sport? Get a free bottle of Shroom Tech Sport from Onnit!
- Organifi.com/Model ? Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- The History of Soda – Episode 284
- The Pros and Cons of Coconut Oil – Episode 227
- Pre-Order Feeding You Liesby Vani Hari
- The Food Babe Wayby Vani Hari
- Connect with Vani Website/ Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
361 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 70 mins duration .