Manage episode 226752328 series 60566
The ketogenic diet is generating a lot of buzz these days. Headlines often refer to it as a fad, Atkins 2.0, and even warn of its potential issues long-term. But let's all remember this important fact: there isn’t one perfect diet suited for all humans. From bio-individuality to lifestyle differences, we all operate a little differently.
If done correctly, the ketogenic diet can be a powerful tool for burning fat, finding mental clarity, and improving digestion. To better understand the basic mechanisms of how keto works, today I’m bringing you one of the most qualified experts I know—Drew Manning. Drew is a NY Times bestselling author and outstanding coach who has done the research, written an awesome book about keto, and (most importantly) he walks his talk.
His new book, Complete Keto, is much more than your average cookbook. It covers all bases, from a basic framework of eating and biology, to the myths surrounding the keto diet. Additionally, Drew taps into the mindset shifts and emotional breakthroughs that are part of any lifestyle change. If you’re thinking about making keto part of your life, you’re going to need this information to succeed. Enjoy this conversation with the one and only Drew Manning!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How to maintain muscle mass on a ketogenic diet.
- The mental benefits of following keto.
- How to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.
- Why your brain loves ketones.
- The neuroprotective benefits of the ketogenic diet.
- What the keto flu is, and how to alleviate its symptoms.
- The average amount of time it takes for the human body to get in ketosis.
- Why it’s so difficult to overeat on a ketogenic diet.
- The preferred testing method to determine if your body is in ketosis.
- How ketosis can help your body tap into stored fat.
- The shocking world record for consecutive number of days fasting.
- What gluconeogenesis is.
- The types of carbohydrates to eat on the keto diet.
- Why salt has been demonized, and its crucial role in the body.
- The truth about eating fat.
- How mental and emotional healing play into weight loss.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model ? Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Onnit.com/Model? Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- The Top 10 Ways to Fortify Your Immune System – Episode 321
- 5 Tips for a Healthy Liver – Episode 68
- Unbreakable by Thom Shea
- Complete Keto by Drew Manning on Amazonand Fit2Fat2Fit
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
361 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 70 mins duration .