TMHS 342: Cross-Training Your Nutrition & Getting Honest About The Fitness Industry - With Guest Chalene Johnson
Manage episode 230101845 series 60566
Diet culture is confusing. With modern marketing, social media, and endless diet books, is it any wonder that people are confused about what to eat? The reality is, there is not a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to diet. Different things work for different folks, and this can even vary throughout different seasons of life.
If you’re paleo or vegetarian and that works for you right now, more power to you. But being true to your health means valuing your body more than that label and being open-minded enough to consider that your needs might change one day in the future. Personalizing your nutrition approach (and being flexible!) is key to optimal health.
That’s why when I read 131 Method by Chalene Johnson, I knew I had to share it with you. The book doesn’t have a list of good and bad foods. Instead, it’s about honoring your own body, experimenting with your diet, and eating what makes you feel good. You are uniquely you, and your diet should be too. How powerful is that?
On today’s show, Chalene returns to the Model Health Show to help you challenge common food perceptions and stop thinking like a dieter. We’ll discuss how to become more metabolically flexible, and how to discover which foods work best with your body. If you’re ready to step away from destructive food habits and thought patterns, I know Chalene’s story will bring you a ton of value, insight, and empowerment.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why Chalene begins her new book with an apology.
- The reason why one-size-fits-all diet approachesdon’t work.
- How Chalene literally changed her brain health.
- The importance of giving yourself permission to experiment with food.
- How marketing has infiltrated into our culture and affected the way we raise our kids.
- What fast mimickingis and how it works.
- The difference between fasting and starving.
- What autophagyis, and why it’s so important for brain health.
- The importance of setting a clear health objective.
- How fasting can help you reset your gut and immune system.
- The most powerful method for identifying food sensitivities.
- What it means to cross train your diet.
- How to teach your body to be more metabolically flexible.
- Why cheating should not be in your food vocabulary.
- What it means to choose your hard.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model⇐ Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson
- 12 Principles to Change Your Brain with Dr. Daniel Amen – Episode 165
- Thinking Faster and Better with Jim Kwik – Episode 318
- Preorder 131 Method by Chalene Johnson
- Connect with Chalene Instagram/ Podcast
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
360 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 69 mins duration .