Manage episode 231016878 series 60566
There’s a ton of conflicting information about which foods you should keep off your plate. You name a food, it’s probably been vilified on some corner of the internet. Everything from coconut oil to rice, even entire food groups and macronutrients have been metaphorically hunted with pitchforks and torches.
This approach rarely serves anyone. You probably already know that food is medicine, and that what you choose to put on your plate can have incredible implications on your overall health. But instead of taking an extreme fear-based approach toward eliminating foods, what if we instead focused on abundance and expansion? Adding food to your plate that is scientifically proven to prevent disease is a much more logical and sustainable approach.
That’s why I think you’re going to love this episode with Dr. William Li. His groundbreaking research has had a positive impact on diseases such as cancer, obesity, and heart disease. In his new book, Eat to Beat Disease, he highlights how what you eat can help aid your body’s natural healing processes. This realistic approach contains tips that anyone can implement, no matter your lifestyle or dietary preferences. So click play, take notes, and use Dr. Li’s insights to add a helping of prevention to your plate!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why food is a critical component of disease prevention.
- How nutrition courses are treated in medical school.
- What angiogenesis is.
- How diseases like cancer can hijack the body’s angiogenesis.
- What science actually says about eating soy products.
- Surprising health benefits of eating chicken thighs.
- The fascinating science on how the human body can regenerate.
- Where most of the stem cells are located inside the human body.
- The health benefits of eating dark chocolate.
- How immunotherapy works
- The role of the bacteria, Akkermansia muciniphila.
- A list of fermented foods to help your gut bacteria flourish.
- Why deprivation diets are unsustainable long-term.
- How secondhand smoke can damage your DNA.
- What telomeres are, and how to preserve (and lengthen!) them.
- How to maximize the health benefits of turmeric.
- The body’s five defense systems.
- Why Dr. Li calls mangos the “grand slammer of all food.”
- The health benefits (and stipulations) of beer and wine.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- William Li’s TEDEd Talk – Can We Eat to Starve Cancer?
- Eat to Beat Disease by William Li, MD
- 5 Tips for a Healthy Liver – Episode 68
- Connect with Dr. Li Website/ Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
361 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 70 mins duration .