TMHS 353: Overcoming Our Secret Stressors & How To Stop Being Hangry - With Guests Sarah Fragoso & Dr. Brooke Kalanick
Manage episode 234884969 series 60566
When it comes to managing your health and finding a nutrition approach that works best for your body, it’s important to remember that what’s common and what’s normal are two different things. Just because certain experiences and symptoms are prevalent in our culture doesn’t mean that they’re ideal.
For instance, well-known commercials insinuate that hanger (being so hungry that you become angry) is a common, laughable state of being. While hanger is a real emotion, it’s not necessarily something you should be experiencing on a regular basis. Controlling your hanger starts with understanding what’s physiologically happening in your body.
On this episode, I’m joined by not one, but two incredible guests! Sarah Fragoso and Dr. Brooke Kalanick are here to share the science behind being hangry. You’ll learn about the five simple steps to balance your hormones, some surprising factors that could secretly be stressing you out, and how to customize your own personal healthy lifestyle with food, exercise, and stress management. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why practicing self-love is critical for your overall health.
- What it means to own your moment.
- How women’s health issues are often overlooked and dismissed.
- The difference between common and normal.
- What ACES stands for, and how it relates to your hormones.
- The link between cortisol and insulin.
- Main factors that influence chronic inflammation.
- The two reasons why your blood sugar can rise.
- A list of secret stressors you may not have considered.
- How people pleasing can wreck your hormones and your health.
- Why autoimmunity is more prevalent in women.
- The importance of electrolytes and the truth about being hydrated.
- Five simple habits you can implement in order to improve your health.
- What it means to opt out of overwhelm.
- How your unique carbohydrate tolerance can change over time.
- Recommendations for optimal thyroid health.
- The power of strength training for hormonal health.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- Onnit.com/Model ⇐ Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- Pre-Order Hangry and get your bonus downloads!
- Connect with Sarah Fragoso Website / Facebook / Instagram
- Connect with Dr. Brooke Website / Facebook / Instagram
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
360 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 69 mins duration .