Manage episode 237311454 series 60566
Tibetan teacher Mingyur Rinpoche said, “The only difference between meditation and ordinary social interaction is that the friend you’re gradually coming to know is yourself.” If you’ve ever practiced meditation, you’ll know this to be true.
Conversely, if you’ve never tried meditation, you might be thinking it sounds too difficult or too abstract. I can relate to this, because the first time I tried meditation, I had to suspend disbelief. But this simple practice brought me awareness, consciousness, and ultimately led to my passion for helping others. And I owe it all to today’s guest, Jane Wambui Kaberere.
Jane is the most requested guest on the Model Health Show, my biggest inspiration, and she also happens to be my mother-in-law. She is the epitome of overcoming obstacles in order to make a positive impact on others. Her story encompasses all levels of health and wellness, including nutrition, mindfulness, and self-care. Learning from Jane has truly been one of the biggest gifts in my life, and I’m so grateful to be able to share that experience with you today.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What Jane’s culture taught her about the role of women.
- How Jane’s mother motivated her to strive for more and defy traditional gender roles.
- A thought that inspired Jane to uncover real happiness.
- The power of asking questions and having the audacity to experiment.
- What inspired Jane to pursue an education.
- The extents that she went to in order to learn and grow.
- How meditation can help you overcome your fears.
- Why meditation is like driving a car.
- The story behind how meditation led to the creation of the Model Health Show.
- How meditation can teach you compassion and connection.
- The different types of mediation that Jane has experimented with.
- Why Jane loves to teach meditation.
- How emotional pain can manifest into physical symptoms.
- Jane’s inspiration for learning more about nutrition.
- How the naming system works in Kenya.
- The power of practicing self-care and self-love.
- Why accepting support from those around you can be so powerful.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Thrivemarket.com/modelhealth ⇐ 25% off your entire 1st order + free shipping!
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
367 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 71 mins duration .