Manage episode 238231341 series 60566
Whether you’re trying to advance your physical fitness, career, or relationships, the way you think and operate emotionally will determine your results. If we want to change the course of our lives for the better, we have to learn how to build our emotional intelligence.
On this compilation episode, we’re going to cover how to cultivate and improve your emotional intelligence. You’ll hear interviews from ten of the top experts in the realm of emotional wellness. You’re going to learn insights and strategies that you can use in order to reach your goals and become your most authentic self.
We’re highlighting the importance of building emotional intelligence, how to overcome obstacles like comparison syndrome, how to build empathy, as well as how to truly channel your authenticity. So listen in, take good notes, and apply the tactics that resonate with you!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The role emotional intelligence plays in having a successful and productive life.
- How being too focused on happiness can actually make you less happy over time.
- What we can learn from our negative emotions.
- A simple tactic for overcoming envy and comparison syndrome.
- The difference between EQ and IQ.
- How reading fiction can make you more empathetic.
- The relationship between our body and how we perceive emotions.
- What sympathetic overdominance is.
- The importance of listening to understand (vs. listening to respond).
- How failure and success are interlinked.
- The key to recovering from your mistakes.
- How health marketing perpetuates a cycle of shame.
- The dangers of assigning morality to food.
- What it truly means to be authentic.
- Why carrying a sense of purpose is so important for your emotional fitness.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Ettitude.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code MODEL for 10% off your organic sheets!
- Easemagnesium.com/model ⇐ Get an exclusive 15% off here!
- Themodelhealthshow.com/phenomenal ⇐ Join me at Phenomenal Life 2020!
- Embracing Change and Gaining Emotional Agility with Dr. Susan David – Episode 185
- How to Beat Anxiety and Become Unstoppable with Craig Ballantyne – Episode 322
- Emotional Intelligence with Dr. Daniel Goleman – Episode 237
- 10 Ways to Increase Your Mental Power & Get Smarter Now – Episode 356
- The Paradox of Progress with Mark Manson – Episode 343
- The Microbiome-Emotion Connection with Dr. Jillian Teta – Episode 349
- The Comfort Zone Myth with Drew Manning – Episode 299
- Weight Loss, Breakthroughs, and Accountability with Drew Manning – Episode 110
- Thinking Faster and Better with Jim Kwik – Episode 318
- Coconuts, Kettlebells, and Breaking the Wagon Mentality with Noelle Tarr – Episode 306
- Healing Yourself Through Humor with JP Sears – Episode 315
- Emotional Agility by Susan David, PhD
- Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman
- Fit2Fat2Fit by Drew Manning
- Coconuts and Kettlebells by Noelle Tarr and Stefani Ruper
- Daniel Goleman – “Social Intelligence” | Talks at Google
- Shawn Stevenson – “Sleep Smarter” | Talks at Google
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
367 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 71 mins duration .