TMHS 377: Functional Training, Kettlebell Flows, & Developing Body Awareness - With The Primal Swoledier Eric Leija
Manage episode 244493797 series 60566
It’s impressive how many different exercises the human body is capable of accomplishing. Whether you’re into yoga, powerlifting, swimming, or mountain climbing, there’s truly something out there for everyone. No matter how you prefer to incorporate movement into your routine, functional fitness is important for not only your performance but your overall health.
Fundamental, functional exercises are key to optimizing your fitness and living your best life. Without a strong core, a wide range of motion, balance, and overall strength, we wouldn’t be able to do the things we’re passionate about. A well-rounded movement routine that incorporates fundamental movement patterns can contribute to your overall performance and longevity.
Eric Leija, the Primal Swoledier, is dedicated to helping others master their fitness and build a routine that accounts for longevity. In this episode, you’re going to learn how to integrate fundamental movement into your workouts, the power of bodyweight exercises, as well as how to optimize the use of a kettlebell. This interview is full of insightful tips on how to live a healthier and more sustainable life. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How Eric became known as Primal Swoledier.
- The importance of incorporating functional training.
- How to train your body with a kettlebell.
- Why a well-rounded routine can increase your longevity.
- How to build a better body by focusing on recovery.
- An example of a beginner kettlebell flow.
- The importance of having fun while you work out.
- What an animal flow is, and how it can make you stronger.
- How to run a profitable business while making a positive impact.
- What it takes to be an effective trainer.
- The importance of considering longevity in your training.
- How Eric incorporates the Law of Reciprocity into his training business.
- Insider information about the atmosphere, training, and tools available at Onnit.
- How variety in your movement can help you avoid pain and injury.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Easemagnesium.com/model ⇐ Get an exclusive 15% off here!
- Onnit.com/model ⇐ Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- Onnit Academy’s Steel Mace Training
- Connect with Eric Leija Website / Workshops / Instagram
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation