Manage episode 231788451 series 2097489
Curt and Katie reflect on 100 podcast episodes, what the experience has been like, and where we want to take the podcast next.
It’s time to reimagine therapy and what it means to be a therapist. To support you as a whole person and a therapist, your hosts, Curt Widhalm and Katie Vernoy talk about how to approach the role of therapist in the modern age.In this episode we talk about:
- How much we appreciate listener connection and feedback
- Self-reflection on the previous 99 episodes
- A new hashtag: #teamcurtie
- Our switch from 2 episodes per week to 1 episode per week
- How podcasting has improved our speaking and thought processes
- The impact of hearing from listeners of the podcast at the conference
- How we recorded and put out the Therapist Safety episodes
- Our goal to catalyze the diverse voices in our community to stand up
- How we have made mistakes publicly in order to have healing conversations publicly
- The level of disclosure we have on the podcast
- The surprise that our moms aren’t the only people listening every week
- The way we talk about our profession in order to improve it
- How we are going to grow and change the podcast
- What are #moderntherapist conversations (and what are not)
- Guiding principles of what we’re talking about
- How we are different from other groups, other podcasts
- The origin of the podcast as a marketing plan for a conference, and then it evolved into its own thing
Thanks again to our sponsor Katie Read! Katie helps therapists grow and they OUTgrow their practices. If you're in GROW mode, she can help you grow faster by knowing exactly how to create your therapist website to get the most possible calls with her two courses, Client Machine and Website Whisperer! If you're ready to OUTgrow your office, Katie helps clinicians know the exact right steps to add big extra income streams in coaching, consulting, or courses! Check out www.katieread.com for more information.Resources mentioned:
We’ve pulled together resources mentioned in this episode and put together some handy-dandy links.
Our consultation services:
Who we are:
Curt Widhalm is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in private practice in the Los Angeles area. He is a Board Member at Large for the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, a Subject Matter Expert for the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, Adjunct Faculty at Pepperdine University, and a loving husband and father. He is 1/2 great person, 1/2 provocateur, and 1/2 geek, in that order. He dabbles in the dark art of making "dad jokes" and usually has a half-empty cup of coffee somewhere nearby. Learn more at: www.curtwidhalm.com
Katie Vernoy is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, coach, and consultant. As a helping professional for two decades, she’s navigated the ups and downs of our unique line of work. She’s run her own solo therapy practice, designed innovative clinical programs, built and managed large, thriving teams of service providers, and consulted hundreds of helping professionals on how to build meaningful AND sustainable practices. In her spare time, Katie is secretly siphoning off Curt's youthful energy, so that she can take over the world. Learn more at: www.katievernoy.comA Quick Note:
Our opinions are our own. We are only speaking for ourselves – except when we speak for each other, or over each other. We’re working on it.
Our guests are also only speaking for themselves and have their own opinions. We aren’t trying to take their voice, and no one speaks for us either. Mostly because they don’t want to, but hey.
Stay in Touch:
Voice Over by DW McCann https://www.facebook.com/McCannDW/
Music by Crystal Grooms Mangano http://www.crystalmangano.com/
109 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 33 mins duration .