Deck Staining Tips | Solutions to Prevent Pool Drowning | Filters that Prevent AC Breakdowns | Ep #2215
Manage episode 332068948 series 2122153
- Staining a wood deck is a popular summer project. We share how to get that project done in a weekend, plus we review new high efficiency airless paint sprayers that can cut project time by as much as a third.
- Summer marks the riskiest time of year for pool drownings, the leading cause of death to young children! We share a pool safety approach called layers of protection, the best way to backup parental supervision and keep kids safe.
- Now that the AC season is in full swing, have you thought about changing your air filter? If you have a forced air system, that filter plays an important role in keeping your cooling system operational. We’ll explain why and highlight a new type of filter that can keep your system clean for a full year.
Plus, answers to your home improvement questions:
- Pam from Missouri wants to install an automatic sensor onto her dimmer light.
- Dan wants to know how to deflect heat from his tin roof.
- Heather in Texas needs help getting rid of black mold in her bathroom.
- Max called in asking, what the best joist size for composite decking?
- Lorrain from Vermont has an ant invasion in her home.
- Brandon in California is having water hammer issues with his shower.
- Pat from Iowa wants to know the best way to paint aluminum siding.
- Bob in Tennessee wants to know if cell service is impacted by a metal roof.
- Mary from Wisconsin wants to know an alternative to rubber back carpeting for her basement.
Do you have a home improvement or decor question? Call the show 24/7 at 888-MONEY-PIT (888-666-3974) or post your question here.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices