Manage episode 293751239 series 2122153
Security cameras can protect our homes during our vacation but only with the right placement. Tom and Leslie share strategies yo get the best camera coverage of your home.
If you want to start your remodeling project on a level playing field, you first need to start from a level floor. Find out the simplest ways to fix up a floor that is out of whack to get your remodeling project off on the right foot.
One of the most expensive home repairs is repairing a leaky shower stall. This is one problem you will never have to deal with if your shower is built right to begin with. We walk you through the key to a totally leak-proof bath reno.
Are messy pets creating a decorating dilemma? Are you afraid that anything you buy will be ruined by your well-meaning pooch? Leslie has tips to help you get the best of both worlds and stop your pet from taking over your style.
Plus, answers to your home improvement questions:
- How to put in new windows into an existing opening?
- What to do about electrical arcs?
- How to approach water in a crawl space?
- How to deal with black mold?
- Ways to deal with tree roots.
- What do to prevent leaky vents?
- Is it worth using a masonry sealer on your chimney?
- How to get rid of efflorescence?
- Should you remove your shingles when putting on a metal roof?
Do you have a home improvement or decor question? Call the show 24/7 at 888-MONEY-PIT (888-666-3974) or post your question here.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices