Manage episode 166253068 series 1271881
In this episode, Janet and Nikki chat with Molly Courtney, a Certified Health Coach, Personal Trainer, Weight Management Specialist and diet rebel about why diets don't work and what does when it comes to improving health or losing weight - should that happen to be your goal.They cover:
- The difference between health coaching and getting a meal plan
- Weight bias and how it can be counterproductive in helping clients achieve health goals
- Why outcome based goals can delay progress
- How to successfully implement changes in your lifestyle without feeling deprived, frustrated or miserable
- Strategies to start loving yourself today and not 10 pounds from now
Weight bias quizzes
- Fat-phobia Scale
- Anti-fat attitudes scale
- Increasing Self-Awareness of Weight Bias Tool Kit
- Dr. Linda Bacon’s Book Health at Every Size (quize on pg 178)
Studies supporting weight bias
- Study containing statistics on weight bias in health professions
- Weight Science: Evaluating the Evidence for a Paradigm Shift
- Size Acceptance and Intuitive Eating Improve Health for Obese, Female Chronic Dieters
- Evaluating a "non-diet' wellness intervention for improvement of metabolic fitness, psychological well-being and eating and activity behaviors
Studies supporting why diets don't work
About Molly Courtney
Molly is a weight-neutral Certified Health Coach, Personal Trainer, Weight Management Specialist, and Diet Rebel. She has a degree in Exercise Science with extensive training and education around behavior change, nutrition, and human performance.
She is the creator of the L-O-V-E Method, a self-discovery approach that empowers people to find and live by their own definition of health and reach their goals with LOVE (Yes, this is absolutely possible!).
To work with Molly and find out more about how to become a diet rebel, visit her site at www.lovehealthcoaching.com.
62 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 45 mins duration .