Myth Of The 20th Century – Episode 71: The WASP Question – Evolution And Future Prospects Of The Invisible Race
This series is archived ("Inactive feed" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
When? This feed was archived on August 19, 2018 01:23 (). Last successful fetch was on July 13, 2018 15:05 ()
Why? Inactive feed status. Our servers were unable to retrieve a valid podcast feed for a sustained period.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 206747540 series 2166014
Welcome to the Myth of the 20th Century. The podcast airs on Fridays.
— Brought to you by —
Nick Mason, Adam Smith, Alex Nicholson, Hans Lander and Hank Oslo with special guest Andrew Fraser
What makes a people – shared history, a common geography, a divine purpose – these are elements that to varying degrees make up most nations’ identity. In the case of the WASPs, a cultural and geographic dispersion over time and space has made answering the question of their roots harder than for most. But to Professor Andrew Fraser, who has had a distinguished career teaching law at the University of Queensland and Macquarie University for over 30 years, it is the essential question. As a scholar of history and religion, authoring multiple works on the the topics of jurisprudence, Trinitarian Christianity, and the origins of the Anglo-Saxons and as a native of Canada with Australian citizenship and Scottish heritage, Professor Fraser has a unique perspective on what makes the Anglican culture worth preserving, and perhaps more importantly, what it may take to make that happen.
– The Idea of a Patriot King, Bolingbroke (1738)
– White Over Black, Jordan (1968)
– The Protestant Establishment: Aristocracy and Caste in America, Baltzell (1987)
– Philadelphia Gentlemen: The Making of a National Upper Class, Baltzell (1989)
– Orthodox Christianity and the Old English Church, Phillips (1988) – http://www.orthodoxengland.org.uk/pdf/Orthodox_Christianity_and_the_Old_English_Church.pdf
– The WASP Question, Fraser (2011)
– The Expansion of England, Seeley (2016)
– Dissident Dispatches – An Alt-Right Guide to Christian Theology, Fraser (2017)
– Vanishing American II – https://vanishingamericanii.wordpress.com/
76 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 123 mins duration .