This series is archived ("Inactive feed" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
When? This feed was archived on August 19, 2018 01:23 (). Last successful fetch was on July 13, 2018 15:05 ()
Why? Inactive feed status. Our servers were unable to retrieve a valid podcast feed for a sustained period.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 207959187 series 2166014
Welcome to the Myth of the 20th Century. The podcast airs on Fridays.
— Brought to you by —
Adam Smith, Hank Oslo, Nick Mason, Hans Lander, Alex Nicholson, with special guest Lynn Lockhart
Africa is a land rich in resources, with a varied history in how they are managed. Africans and foreigners alike had long struggled to find a way to strike a balance, yet the rules found in other parts of the world often seem not to apply – evoking the oft cited phrase “This Is Africa”..
– Africa Addio, Jacopetti and Prosperi (1966)
– Confessions of an Economic Hitman, Perkins (2004)
– Africa-America Institute, Federal Income Tax Return (2010) – http://www.aaionline.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/990-September-2011.pdf
– Empire of Dust, Paesschen (2011)
– The World’s Most Important Graph, Sailer (2015) – https://www.unz.com/isteve/the-worlds-most-important-graph/
– The Case for Colonialism, Giley (2017) – http://www.web.pdx.edu/~gilleyb/2_The%20case%20for%20colonialism_at2Oct2017.pdf
– John Stockwell, former CIA officer – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stockwell
– Rhodesia – Last Days of Empire, Myth of the 20th Century (2017) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLI6lY3ExFE&t=1s
– An Original Analysis Of Salazar’s Estado Novo Regime In Portugal, Adler (2017) – https://www.socialmatter.net/2017/05/18/an-original-analysis-of-salazars-estado-novo-regime-in-portugal/
– Philippines ranks 103rd on list of 167 countries having modern slavery, Business World Online (2018) – http://www.bworldonline.com/content.php?section=Nation&title=philippines-ranks-103rd-on-list-of-167-countries-having-modern-slavery&id=98206
The post Myth Of The 20th Century – Episode 73: African Decolonization – Empire Of Dust appeared first on Social Matter.
76 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 123 mins duration .