Manage episode 253288213 series 2469818
And we’re back, with a fresh episode at last. Tune in as co-hosts Steve Vladeck and Bobby Chesney discuss and debate the latest national security law developments. This week they cover:
- Donald Trump pressuring Main DOJ to override the sentencing recommendation made by line prosecutors in order to help Roger Stone
- Donald Trump pressuring DOD to retaliate against Lt. Col. Vindman (followed by, coincidentally, our discussion of the Military Whistleblower Protection Act)
- A quick overview of federal quarantine law, just in case…
- The case of Omar Ameen and legal issues associated with non-refoulement
- The War Powers bill in the Senate: what would it actually mean to “withdraw” from hostilities with Iran, while still being in Iraq and Syria to fight the Islamic State?
- Steve gets all the colors! (You have to listen to find out what that means)
We end, as always, with frivolity. Oscar awards recap time!