Manage episode 161687231 series 49768
Mark talks to Bob Burnett on the Superhome Movement
This week’s podcast is about the Superhome movement that is moving throughout the country. Bob is an architect specializing in energy efficient homes.
These new builds suit investor or home owners
Built to a higher standard for better living
Healthy and energy efficient with little / no power bills
There are only two 10 star homes in New Zealand that Bob and associates built in Christchurch.Mark and Bob discuss what this actually means, but include:
- Solar, drain water collection, thermal performance (thermal envelope),
- Size and orientation of the windows
- Insulation is key – Superhome uses insulation from floor to ceiling
- Houses feel spacious with higher ceilings and the design
- Avoid health issues like asthma (NZ highest in the world) by using air tightness so there’s no condensation
- Financially positive / feasible– less expensive than what people think
- Achieving more than minimum standards in terms of the building code
Events – You can hear more about Superhomes at the Sales (Ravenswood Christchurch) and information nights in Auckland and Christchurch coming up in the next few weeks.Click here to learn more.