Manage episode 298393475 series 2807062
This interview with Jared was one of those, where you can see that the person you're interview has something special. It took a couple of tries to get Jared on the podcast, but man am I glad we figured it out.
Jared not only has a contagious smile, but I see great things in this young man's future. His attitude, his view of life, his wanting to help others... I can't exactly pinpoint it, but apparently I'm not the only one who sees this in him.
Jared shares two stories about others pointing this quality out in him. One being the police officer who first approached him out of the blue and asked if he ever thought about becoming a police officer.
The other was involved his former boss, telling him, "there's more instore for you, why are you here?"
FACTS ABOUT JARED TATE
- 2 Years in Law Enforcement
- Lives in Louisiana
- Has a identical twin
- Is a motivational speaker
FOLLOW JARED TATE
01:34 Lead Off Question: “Why Law Enforcement?” Jared explained although he has family members that are first responders, law enforcement was not something he was thinking about doing.
It wasn't until running into a local officer, on more than one occasion, did the thought enter his mind.
09:03 Dig Deeper: This is the part of the podcast were I dig into the guest's social media and I crafte questions around 3-5 of those posts. Below are the post and questions I spoke with Jare about.
POST: Video titled “focus on you:
“Pay Attention To You!!‼️”
- Can you explain what you meant by this?
- What special attention do you give to yourself?
- What are you most focused on?
POST: Selfie of you in uniform. I commented, “Looking like a superhero”.
“Sometimes When Things Are Falling Apart, They May Be Actually Falling Into Place‼️”
- How do you cope when things start to fall apart?
- What was the last thing to fall apart on but worked out in the end?
POST: Pic of you and your brother:
“Some days you just have to open the curtains and let the light in‼️”
- Pulling the curtains back on Jared, what can someone expect to see?
- What’s one thing behind that curtain that people may be surprised to see?
- What’s been the darkest point in life for you?
POST: Pic of you in gray hoodie smiling:
Other: Hey, Why Are You Smiling During A Time Like Now?
Me: Haven’t You Heard The Good News?
Other: What Good News?
Me: That The Best Is Yet To Come...I Figured I Might As Well Smile While I’m Waiting And So Should You😁🤷🏾♂️
- What makes you smile?
- What’s a head for Jared?
36:42 Random Seven – These are the seven random questions that I put to Jared. These questions are random and electronically created.
- What does success look like for you?
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability what would it be?
- A hair stylist notices a complicated hairstyle, a singer notices a talented vocalist, what do you notice?
- Back in high school what was the strangest thing someone could find in your locker?
- When you wake up in the morning what is your #1 priority?
- What was the last thing you’ve done that you were really proud of?
- If you could bring back any canceled TV series what would you bring back?
42:40 This or That – This is my version of a speed round.
- Procrastinate or persist
- Newspaper or magazine
- Handcrafted or mass produced
- Shake it off or shake it up
- Waste time or waste money
- Clean car or clean bedroom
- Chest bump or fist pump
- Screen protector or case
- Phone call or text
GET $100 RESTAURANT VOUCHER:
Complete my 5 question survey on law enforcement and stress and I'll send you a $100 restaurant voucher. You can use at over 55,000 restaurants across the USA. CLICK HERE