Manage episode 225494592 series 2428258
Do you have a New Year’s Resolution about your health, organization, or money?
There’s a good chance you do because, statistically, these are the three most common goals people set every year. But as we mentioned in the last episode, only eight percent of people actually succeed in implementing their resolutions. One of the big challenges here is that you can’t succeed alone, especially if you have a significant other, but so many of us try to.
Today, we are sharing the case study of a couple who ran up against that challenge year after year – which, ultimately, meant they were fighting about money year after year – until they started having an annual couple’s goal-setting retreat 10 years ago. Now, Jenn and JP Lewis never fight about money, and in this episode, we’re going to break down how they did it and the ONE thing you can do today that will make everything else easier or unnecessary when it comes to setting your annual goals.
In this episode, you will learn...
- [4:45] Jenn’s advice for anyone who is hesitant to participate in a couple’s goal-setting retreat
- [12:00] What it looks like to reallocate funds and time to what matters most, as a team.
- [18:00] Why you need emotional buy-in during the goal-setting process.
- [25:00] The ONE thing you can do to make starting the couple’s goal-setting process easier or unnecessary.
- [43:30] How becoming part of a community of goal setters can bring your couple’s goal setting to a new level.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
So, out of everything that you've heard in this episode, what's your lead domino? What's that first step?
We’ll recap the tools covered in this episode, and you can choose just ONE to be your lead domino:
- Sit down and ask each other the questions that Jenn and JP talked about (and this is their suggestion for where to start), which you can find in the Kick Ass Guide® to Your Couples Goal Setting Retreat.
- Download your 411 template: https://www.the1thing.com/resources/
- Sign up for The ONE Thing Goal Setting Master Course
- Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- Sign up for one of our yearly retreats: The ONE Thing Couples Goal Setting Retreat or The ONE Thing Mid-Year RESET Retreat
The choice is yours. Where will you actually begin? And will you just be the type of person that takes action before you check your email today?
Do you run a small business?
Small business owners wear a lot of hats. Some of those hats feel incredible to wear. However, filing taxes and running payroll... well, for most of us, they don’t feel great and they’re not our ONE thing. That’s where Gusto comes in to help you make payroll, taxes, and HR easy. So ask yourself, it time to take off some of your hats?
You can get three FREE months when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/ONE.
The ONE Thing is produced by Podcast Masters
203 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 44 mins duration .