Manage episode 226066717 series 2428258
How do you show up as a better leader, and how do you do it in a world that’s constantly distracting us?
Technology has changed our lives in profoundly positive ways, but it’s also created more distrations than ever before – and if you’re like most people, you probably feel more disconnected than ever before.
So we sat down with the author of Back to Human: How Great Leaders Create Connection in the Age of Isolation, Dan Schawbel, to discuss how we can do a better job at facilitating connections in the workplace, in spite of the technology that’s constantly surrounding us.
We recorded this conversation as part of our monthly ONE Thing webinar series. Every month, we feature an incredible author so that you can learn directly from them and ask questions. If you want to sign up for our next FREE monthly webinar, head over to the1thing.com/webinars.
In this episode, you will learn...
- [6:25] What’s at stake if we keep using technology the way we are now.
- [11:30] What it looks like to start developing trust between the people you lead.
- [16:15] How do you help people get clear on the team’s purpose and what fulfills people on an individual level?
- [24:00] How you can create connection (and the ONE thing that makes it easier or unnecessary)
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
What is the ONE thing you can do, such that by doing it, everything else will be easier or unnecessary when it comes to making connections with people?
Dan says the most important skill is being able to work with other people. As a leader, as a manager, as a human, this will always be important. So what’s ONE thing you can do to improve your ability to work with others?
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn more at https://danschawbel.com/
- Read: Back to Human: How Great Leaders Create Connection in the Age of Isolation
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/danschawbel/
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Get more support & accountability: Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability
The ONE Thing is produced by Podcast Masters
207 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 45 mins duration .