Manage episode 234094449 series 2428258
Everything you want in your career comes down to ONE thing – the relationships that you have.
So when we neglect our relationships, we are limiting our own ability to accomplish our goals and live extraordinary lives.
But you don’t have to settle for anything less than extraordinary, and as an extra bonus, cultivating great relationships will just make your personal and business life that much better! That’s why we are excited to share this conversation with Ken Coleman, one of the Dave Ramsey personalities and the author of The Proximity Principle: The Proven Strategy That Will Lead to a Career You Love.
We also want to know how you are doing with the goals that you set at the beginning of the year. Do you need to think bigger, or are you falling behind, or are you a little unclear on what you actually want? Wherever you may fall, one thing we know is that you’d benefit from a reset. Learn more about The ONE Thing Mid-Year Reset Retreat at https://trainings.the1thing.com/reset.
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: the1thing.com/podcast.
In this episode, you will learn...
- [5:30] What is The Proximity Principle?
- [9:30] The 3 things that you need in the people you surround yourself with at work
- [13:25] 70% of Americans aren’t passionate about the work that they do – so how do we build a bridge between where we are now and where we want to be?
- [18:50] How to take advantage of your uniqueness and unique talents
- [22:25] When there is a passion problem
- [28:20] How to overcome the fear and limiting beliefs that prevent you from reaching out to people who are where you want to be
- [33:50] What you can do if your organization isn’t helping you grow to your highest potential, but you’re also not ready to leave
- [33:15] How do you become the type of person who can attract extraordinary people into their world?
- [43:50] What it looks like when you have to cut people out of your life
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn more at kencoleman.com
- Read: The Proximity Principle: The Proven Strategy That Will Lead to a Career You Love
- The ONE Thing Mid-Year Reset Retreat: https://trainings.the1thing.com/reset
- The ONE Thing training (for individuals and teams): http://the1thing.com/training
- Read: Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
We recorded this conversation as part of our monthly ONE Thing webinar series. Every month, we feature an incredible author so that you can learn directly from them and ask questions. If you want to watch the second half of this interview or sign up for our next FREE monthly webinar, head over to the1thing.com/webinars.
The ONE thing that makes hiring easier or unnecessary...
Hiring is challenging, but there is ONE place you can go where hiring is simple, fast, and smart – and that place is ZipRecruiter.com/ONEthing. Most of us who are in a hiring position would love to always be getting into relationships with top talent, but there’s so many other priorities that compete for our time. That’s what we love about ZipRecruiter: they find the right job candidates for you, and 80 percent of employers who post a job get a qualified candidate in just one day.
ZipRecruiter is inviting listeners of The ONE Thing to try for FREE – all you have to do is go to ZipRecruiter.com/ONEthing.
Do you run a small business?
Small business owners wear a lot of hats. Some of those hats feel incredible to wear. However, filing taxes and running payroll... well, for most of us, they don’t feel great and they’re not our ONE thing. That’s where Gusto comes in to help you make payroll, taxes, and HR easy. So ask yourself, it time to take off some of your hats?
You can get three FREE months when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/ONE.
The ONE Thing is a production of Crate Media
207 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 45 mins duration .