Manage episode 238231392 series 1659696
Eric Tivers is a licensed clinical social worker, coach, podcaster, speaker, consultant, and entrepreneur. He specializes in ADHD and has worked extensively with individuals on the autism spectrum. His podcast is ADHD reWired and in this episode, Eric and Eric talk about the experience of being an Adult with ADHD.
But wait – there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
In This Interview, Eric Tivers and I Discuss…
- How he separates “mind” and “brain”
- ADHD in Adults
- Impulsivity and Hyperactivity
- Inattention and Distractability
- How people with ADHD aren’t lazy – according to brain scans
- The diagnostic criteria for ADHD
- The multimodal treatment approach for ADHD
- His experience with Adderall
- The lie of “I’ll remember that”
- Time wisdom
- The importance of Exercise, Sleep
- Separate decision from action
- The wisdom in flipping a coin
- A disorder of self-regulation
- The anatomy of a to-do list
- Vision verbing
- Why cue
- Life on hard mode – but we can do hard things
Eric Tivers Links:
Blinkist – Do you have an ever-growing list of books to read? Blinkist can help! With thousands of non-fiction books distilled down to their most salient points that you can consume in 15 minutes or less go to www.blinkist.com/wolf for a 7-day free trial.