Manage episode 190792589 series 1714413
We're talking to Dr. Harry Adelson who is an expert at stem cell therapy and the founder of Docere Clinics in Park City, Utah. Dr. Adelson is one of the most experienced practitioners in the world with use of autologous stem cells for the treatment of musculoskeletal pain conditions. He’s deeply knowledgeable about various aspects of stem cell therapy and we discuss various uses for stem cells, whether and how to bank them for the future, and the strengths and limitations of stem cell therapy.
Find Out More About Harry Here:
- [02:09] - Harry talks about the stem cell injections he has done on Dave Asprey. He also discusses Mannitol and its impact on the blood-brain barrier.
- [05:15] - We learn more about the anesthesia involved in Harry’s processes.
- [07:09] - Harry clarifies the two types of approaches to getting stem cells. He then explains the sensation and experience of having the procedures done. He talks about his experiences with using both, and the benefits he’s found in combining them.
- [13:56] - Harry explains how he got involved in stem cell therapy, which came from a personal experience with a shoulder injury. He then explains some different uses of stem cell therapy, and clarifies which ones he treats.
- [15:45] - Are you still a candidate for stem cell therapy if, for example, you’ve had a knee replacement?
- [16:48] - Should people who are about to get joint surgery consider stem cell therapy instead?
- [17:44] - Harry discusses the use of stem cells in a joint where the cartilage has been damaged.
- [22:49] - Why isn’t everybody running to get stem cell therapy? Because “medicine moves at a glacial rate,” Harry explains.
- [26:11] - Harry shares his thoughts on the role of stem cell therapy in elderly people who have broken their hips. He isn’t aware of any research around stem cells and osteoporosis.
- [27:26] - What are some surprising things that stem cell therapy can be good for?
- [28:18] - Harry talks about the role of stem cell therapy in impotence and erectile dysfunction. He then talks about the link between erectile dysfunction and dementia.
- [30:24] - What would be the stem cell approach toward dealing with dementia?
- [31:16] - We learn about the advantages of harvesting stem cells at a young age and banking them for future use, as well as Harry’s suggestions for how to do this.
- [32:32] - Banking stem cells from cord blood is a good idea, and the stem cells collected this way have a shelf life as long as a human life.
- [33:34] - What do you do if you’re in a foreign country and need stem cell treatment, but your banked stem cells are in another part of the world? As part of his answer, Harry talks about embryonic stem cells.
- [36:13] - Harry talks about FDA regulations for stem cell procedures in the United States.
- [38:32] - What is the role of age in the stem cell therapy process?
- [40:46] - Harry discusses going offshore for stem cell therapy, and why he suggested South America in particular.
- [42:50] - We hear Harry’s thoughts on facial stem cell injections.
- [44:30] - Harry talks about the use of stem cell therapy for acne and diabetes.
- [45:20] - Stephan returns to the topic of stem cells for sexual performance. Harry clarifies that they do both the O-shot (for women) and the P-shot (for men) at his clinic, but he doesn’t do them personally. He then talks about what people can expect from these procedures.
- [48:23] - Where does stem cell therapy fit into the broad topic of inflammation?
- [50:37] - How would somebody who wants to work with Harry get in touch? He answers, then talks about the price range you can expect.
- If I choose to have a stem cell procedure done, opt for one that combines bone marrow stem cells with those from fat for best results.
- Make a list of the parts of my body that experience pain. If any of these are musculoskeletal pain, get in touch with Docere Clinics.
- Look into the possibility of stem cell therapy before agreeing to joint replacement. This may not be the right choice for me, but it’s worth looking into.
Docere ClinicsAbout Harry AdelsonBulletproof ConferenceDave Asprey on the Optimized GeekAdipose-derived stem cellsAutologous stem cell transplantMannitolBlood-brain barrierKaiser PermanenteAngiogenesisKristin ComellaEmbryonic stem cellsThe Healing Power of Stem Cells with Dr. Harry Adelson
148 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 58 mins duration .