Manage episode 245989313 series 1295531
Volatility Views 376: Bermuda by Way of Chicago
- HOST: MARK LONGO, THE OPTIONS INSIDER MEDIA GROUP
- CO-HOST: MARK SEBASTIAN, THE OPTION PIT
- MIAX HOT SEAT: John Smollen, The MIAX Exchange Group
- T3 HOT SEAT: SIMON HO, T3 INDEX
VOLATILITY REVIEW SEGMENT
- Miami International Holdings, Inc. (MIH), the parent holding company of the MIAX®, MIAX PEARL® and MIAX Emerald™ options exchanges (the MIAX Exchange Group™), and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (BSX) today announced that MIH has acquired a controlling interest in the BSX. The controlling interest aligns directly with MIH's corporate strategy and allows the company to expand its world-class technology, derivatives trading and regulatory expertise.
- TRADE WAR OPTIMISM BOOSTING MARKETS MOST OF THIS WEEK
- VOL MIXED TO END THE WEEK
- SPIKES: 13.75 - UP .25 FROM LAST SHOW
- VIX CASH: 12.5 - UNCHD FROM LAST SHOW
- VVIX: 89 -UP NEARLY 4 PTS FROM LAST SHOW
- VIX FUTURES CURVE: STILL IN CONTANGO
- SPIKES FUTURES: RESPONSE FROM FIA ATTENDEES TO SPIKES FUTURES
- EARNINGS VOLATILITY: DIS
HOT VOLATILITY TRADES
- VIX OPTIONS
- QUESTION FROM CURRANT: Do the zero commissions for options also extend to vol products like VIX and spikes?
- QUESTION FROM ELI: Does T3 have any models it can share depicting how viking future would look right now vs. traditional VIX futures term structure?
- QUESTION FROM LAWRENCE T.: Lots of talk in energy space about how institutional hedging has shifted from back months to front calendar year for producers. Do we ever envision something similar happening in the volatility space with insurance companies moving from leaps into shorter-duration hedges for their vol exposure?
WHERE WILL VIX/SPIKES BE NEXT WEEK?
- MARK: 12.25
- MEATBALL: 11.75
- SIMON: 13, 13.25