Manage episode 228758782 series 2473029
I'm sharing my experience and thoughts on sleep training so you can hopefully feel calm, cool, and confident in offering your child the best sleep. I hope you can listen to this episode in its entirety, because this is a nuanced and triggering topic that deserves in depth conversation. I wouldn't want you to miss the full context of the ideas presented here.
- [1:20] Giveaway winner!
- [4:47] 2 Emails I received from concerned parents
- [11:02] We’re all torn over the approach to helping our babies sleep better.
- [21:00] Every child is different and much of their temperament is “baked in” (they’re born with it).
- [23:59] Flaws with thinking that there’s only one way to do it.
- [25:34] What does sleep training mean?
- [27:45] What can be learned from nature?
- [30:24] What does crying mean?
- [39:34] Is sleep deprivation respectful?
- [42:22] Is frustration bad?
- [48:01] Is it all or nothing?
- [49:48] The process with my last child.
- [55:29] We have to trust ourselves.
- [1:01:02] Summary
- [1:05:19] What’s coming next week
Links & Resources
31 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 40 mins duration .