Manage episode 228162858 series 2460891
Sinead Gilbert, Senior Brand Manager of High End Irish Whiskey and Ken Reilly, Powers Brand Lead, join Tavarus to tell you the key facts you need to know about our High End Irish Whiskey portfolio:
Powers Irish Whiskey
- POWERS is one of the most consumed Irish Whiskeys in Ireland, about 5x the consumption in the US.
- The POWER family first started distilling POWERS whiskey in Dublin in 1791, when Mr. Washington was President Washington.
- POWERS Whiskey is proudly Pot Still in style. Putting that in context, Pot still is to Ireland as Bourbon is to the US.
- POWERS John’s Lane was recently recognized as one of the best Irish Whiskeys on the market, named Irish Whiskey of the Year at both the SF and NYC Spirits competitions.
- Redbreast is the world’s most awarded Single pot Still whiskey
- Redbreast is the quintessential single pot still Irish whiskey, dating back to the 1800s, it is the only whiskey that has stayed true to the pure pot still style since then -showing its resilience to change
- 10 Year Old. The Green Spot name was derived from the Mitchell’s practice of marking their maturing casks of whiskey with a mark or daub of colored paint to determine the age potential of the whiskey
- 12 Year Old
- Launching in March:15-year-old single pot still whiskey matured in bourbon, sherry and marsala fortified wine casks.
- Midleton Very Rare is positioning as THE luxury Irish Whiskey and the pinnacle of Irish Whiskey.
- Midleton Very Rare has recently received a pack upgrade which consumers will see rolling out across the range over the coming 12 months. The range includes Midleton Very Rare Vintage Release, which is a blend of aged whiskeys released annually. Both Midleton Very Rare Barry Crockett Legacy and Midleton Very Rare Dair Ghaelach are single pot still whiskeys, Dair Ghaelach having a very unique cask finish using Virgin Irish Oak.