#145 - AMA #19: Deep dive on Zone 2 training, magnesium supplementation, and how to engage with your doctor
Manage episode 282561822 series 2352826
If you’re not a subscriber and listening on a podcast player, you’ll only be able to hear a preview of the AMA. If you’re a subscriber, you can now listen to this full episode on your private RSS feed or on our website at the AMA #19 show notes page. If you are not a subscriber, you can learn more about the subscriber benefits here.
- Defining zone 2 exercise (3:30);
- The most effective ways to engage in zone 2 exercise (14:00);
- The process of training a deconditioned individual with zone 2: Dosage, frequency, and metrics to watch (19:45);
- Training for health vs. performance, and the importance dedicating training time solely to zone 2 (25:00);
- Why Peter does his zone 2 training in a fasted state (31:30);
- Improving mitochondrial density and function with zone 2 training (34:00);
- Metrics to monitor improving fitness levels from zone 2 training (36:30);
- Advice for choosing a bicycle for zone 2 exercise at home (42:30);
- Comparing the various equipment options for aerobic training: Rowing machine, treadmill, stairmaster, and more [48:15];
- Back pain and exercise, and Peter’s stability issues as a consequence of previous surgeries (51:45);
- A deep dive into magnesium supplementation, and Peter’s personal protocol (55:30);
- Advice for engaging with and questioning your doctor (1:03:15); and
Learn more: https://peterattiamd.com/ Show notes page for this episode: https://peterattiamd.com/ama19 Subscribe to receive exclusive subscriber-only content: https://peterattiamd.com/subscribe/ Sign up to receive Peter's email newsletter: https://peterattiamd.com/newsletter/ Connect with Peter on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram.