Manage episode 235925645 series 1492193
June is for weddings and graduations but sometimes the photo clues get mixed up. In this episode, I'm talking about wedding pictures and how to sort out the evidence.
White dresses don't always signify a wedding sometimes it's a graduation dress and in other cases, it's just a summer dress. If the clues in the picture match what you know about an ancestral couple, you might have picture proof of their marriage even if you can't find the marriage record.
- Wedding dresses from 1900 to 1920 on Victoriana.com
- Amy Johnson Crow's article: Finding all your ancestor's marriage records.
- Related podcast: Episode 36: Visual Face Recognition.com
- Watch my YouTube Channel.
- Like the Facebook Page so you get notified of my Facebook Live videos at https://www.facebook.com/MaureenPhotoDetective/.
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Need help organizing your photos? Check out the Essential Photo Organizing Video Course.
- Need help identifying family photos? Check out the Identifying Family Photographs online course.
- Have a photo you need help identifying? Sign up for photo consultation.